Friday, March 13, 2009

The Dead Weather

Another music post, but this is definitely worth it. I was surprised when a friend of mine asked me last night, "Have you heard Jack White's new band?". I hadn't heard so much as a rumour, so I went to iTunes and found The Dead Weather's debut release Hang You From the Heavens, with a cover of Gary Numan's Are Friends Electric? on the B-side. This time around, White is behind the drum-kit, with Alison Mosshart (a.k.a VV of The Kills) supplying lead vocals, Jack Lawrence (of White's other other band The Raconteurs) on bass and Dean Fertita (QOTSA) on guitar. The sound is exactly what I would expect from a mix-up of the White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Kills, the same raw, dirty sound associated with Jack White. The B-Side is also very interesting, one that definitely does Numan's original justice.



Hang You From the Heavens released 12th March on Third Man Records

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    It has a nice blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
    A hug from my country, Portugal Inglês

    ReplyDelete