Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blackbird, Fly


So it's been well over a month since I last wrote, I must get back into the habit now that exams are over (for the time being), and I can start taking photographs I enjoy (rather than racing to get coursework in on time). This post will hopefully serve as a preview of what to expect from this blog in the coming weeks/months, at least in my output of photographs.
Having lusted over vintage TLR cameras for a while now, I've so far managed to abstain from spending absurd amounts on a Rolleiflex or Lomo Lubitel. Luckily, last night, I stumbled upon the Blackbird. Made by Japanese toy-camera company, this plastic TLR is unique for a few reasons. First, it's made entirely of plastic, so I expect the images will be similar to those shot with a Diana+ or Holga. Secondly, it seems to be the first exclusively 35mm TLR, with frame masks included to create either standard images (24mm x 36mm), square images (24mm x 24 mm) or a complete frame, sprocket holes an'-all. Hopefully, a few posts down the line I'll be able to share my first TLR roll, and hopefully I'll be able to write a few more posts between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment